Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sew Happy

Look what I made.
Okay, okay... I had some help. Who knew sewing patterns and instructions were so cryptic. But, I did do most of the pinning and sewing including all of the hard parts like trying to make the neckline look somewhat decent and attaching the sleeves. The gown is made out of green flannel, although I don’t understand why the side that touches the body is not as soft as the pretty side of the fabric. I also didn’t want to try and figure out how to attach a snap, so we made a gown. I thought I did pretty good for someone who never took a sewing class.



1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm impressed! Lord knows I did not inherit my mother's sewing genes. I salute you!

I am also entertained by the statement "Look what I made! Okay, okay, I had some help." This could apply to both the baby and the gown.