Thursday, April 9, 2009

Diaper Bag #3

So I'm on my third diaper bag. The first one, the green one, was awesome and lasted about 5 months until the zipper broke :-( The second one, the brown one, lasted about 6 months until the inner lining completely ripped apart. So now I'm one my third diaper bag and if this one rips or brakes it is all my fault because I gave up on mass produced bags and made my own!

This was my first attempted at a zipper and I'm happy to report that the zipper works and looks pretty good especially for a first attempt and the fact that my sewing mentor hates zippers and was very very little help (no offense mom). I also have the pattern for a smaller bag so if anyone is interested in buying one I can make one custom to any pattern you want. My pattern choice was determined by the precut sale bin.

There are two outside open pockets and four large inside pockets with a small pocket along the narrow side and a pen pocket...I got a little carried away with the pockets, but I use them all!




2 comments:

Leah said...

Pretty! I love the fabric. And from the top, it looks similar to my Kate Spade diaper bag, which is the greatest airplane carry-on bag known to man (at least, without wheels). I am impressed!

Melissa said...

Wow, that's awesome. You are too talented! If Leah hadn't just bought me a Vera Bradley one for Christmas (that I use for my snowboarding/skiing accessories), I'd get you to make me one! :)