Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Travel Pouch and Join Me For Tea Classes

Back in March January I signed up for Join Me For Tea quilt class taught and designed by Sally Brown.  The first class covered needle turn applique, the second was hand embroidery, and the third, flying geese and quilt piecing.   I had no clue how to hand applique or embroider so I was excited to learn.  Here is Sally's quilt and some close ups:






 I have (thanks to my mom's help!)  five out of the six aprons finished.  I will post them when I finish the sixth one.   Right now I have been working on the hand embroidery.  I take it to the doctor's office and work on it during the kid's breakfast time and have been storing my current piece in a ziplock baggie.  I wanted a little cuter method for traveling with the embroidery so I took the Travel Pouch Case class, also taught by Sally Brown. 


How cool is this travel case!   AND... I finished it in class, quilting and all!   Expect for the hand binding that I asked my mom to do since I know she loves to bind quilts.  Seriously, no sarcasm here, it is her favorite part of quilting.    Here is mine: 



Isn't this fabric from Riley Blake so cute!  Love it!  The dress form in the middle was machine embroidered, but check out that window oval, so cool, and a new learned technique.  Now, I have no excuses but to keep working on my quilt.  











No comments: