Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Disney 2014 - Destin Beach

I'm procrastinating scanning fabric squares for my new website www.lovineweboutique.com  Bad for me, but great for you.  Here is the first installment of our Disney vacation.   Technically this is day 2 of driving.  There wasn't much going on from Fort Worth to Jackson MS.
It occurred to me that the kids have never seen the ocean or a beach.  I would feel bad for never taking them to the closest beach, then again, I've heard Galveston, TX is not a real beach.  So I don't feel too bad.  
We decided to take a detour and drive to Destin since we were already in Pensacola and so very close.  Now, the weather was slightly drizzling and a tad bit cold, but it was still white sands and a big ocean view.   To this day, I still can't convince Cassie that the sand was sand and not snow.  Sand is brownish grey and kind of rocky- at least that is what it is in the big box in our back yard.
It wasn't the true beach seen, with umbrellas, crowded people wearing too tight of bathing suits that they probably shouldn't, and hot hot sand. It was the opposite - not a person in sight.  But it was a real beach! And, why is Marcus in very few of the pictures?  He hated the ocean water.
Oh, and second self plug - I made Cassie's jacket.










No comments: