Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yummy Yummy Yummy I’ve Got Rice in My Tummy

Wesley had his four month check up this week. He is charting between the 5th and 10th percentile (on the small side) weighing in at 11.14 pounds and almost 25 inches. He also received his next set of shots and didn’t cry for too long afterward. The doctor said that I could start rice cereal and then baby food. I was very excited at this news. Recently, Wesley has been showing great interest in real food and was looking at me like, “where’s mine!?!” whenever I was eating. Hopefully now he will sleep through the night again since for the past few weeks he has been waking up every four to five hours hungry.

After the move, we decided that today was the perfect day to see if Wesley likes eating rice cereal with a spoon! The doctor said that it may take a few tries before he gets the hang of eating with a spoon, but that was not case. He ate all of the cereal and didn’t spit too much of it back out.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Yay for Wesley! My brother went from cereal straight to steak and bacon. He didn't want anything to do with baby food. It won't be long before he can enjoy meat with the rest of us ;-)

Leah said...

I wonder if they have bacon-flavored baby food. You should give him that!