Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Smiles and Cries

Last Wednesday Wesley had his 2 month check up which consisted of shots, lots and lots of shots. Nowadays, shots come in combos so the babies do not have to be pricked multiple times, but we were not so lucky. (I say “we” not because I received the shots too, but because I got to deal with a fussy baby which is just as bad if not worse then receiving shots.) So, they were supposed to have a combo pack, but the shipment of the new and improved shots were not in and they ran out of the old pack, so guess who got to receive his shots individually. But, we were given the option of having three now and coming back for two next week or getting all five. Not knowing any better, I opted for the three which took the nurse all of 20 seconds to give them – she was very fast and on the second shot before he started to wail. I should have gone with all five, but instead we have to go back tomorrow for two more shots.

A day and a half goes by with no problems, and then it starts. He cries a lot, he is hot, but doesn’t have a temperature, he can’t seem to get comfortable, he drools like crazy now, and tries to put anything in his mouth but hasn’t quite figured out how to fully grasp something and control it. So I think, maybe he is teething…already? I do some research on the internet and most sites say teething can start as early as 3 months but most start around 6 months, hummm, he is not three months yet, but all of the above are symptoms of teething. Anyway, I will ask the nurse tomorrow what she thinks. We bought the Orajel just incase.

Wesley Chewing. Featuring Freddie the Firefly.

But it is not constant, we have our happy moments too.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So, if I'm hot, uncomfortable, and drool a lot, maybe I need a firefly? That is one darn cute kid. And I especially like his outfit in that second video ;) Hi baby (and mommy and daddy too)!!

Mary and Larry Smerk said...

it is really big on him right now, but that just means he will be able to wear it a lot.

Wesleysgma said...

So, I need to learn to turn down the volume when I view these at work - the baby noises bring every female within sound range over to see what I (a 52 year ole male) am doing with a baby video. But then I get to play the proud grandpa and show off Wesley to co-workers!