Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wesley's Diaper Change Translation

After visiting with friends during Reunion Weekend I found out that it is difficult to understand the dialogue in this video. Therefore, for my first blog attempt I will translate and give a little background for this video.

Background: First, Wesley makes a deposit in his diaper and Larry volunteers to change him. During the first couple of weeks changing a diaper can be fun to watch, however, I was tired and enjoying whatever was on TV therefore I did not help. And it is a good thing too, otherwise the following situation would never have taken place.

Larry successfully changes the diaper and places Wesley in his crib then makes his way to the bathroom. Then I notice him bent over the toilette, laughing. Now, Larry hates to throw up so I knew he was okay, besides, he would have shut the door. So I ask him what he is doing and I could not get a clear answer from all the laughing. Realizing that this is one of those moments that you must capture on video - I jumped up as fast as I could and grabbed the video camera.


Translation:
Larry: I can't breath. Can you take my glasses off? You got this recorded?
Me: Yeah.
Larry: He kinda moved his feet.
Me: What happened?
Larry: He did have socks on, and he kept kicking them in the poo. And I didn't move his diaper fast enough. First it happened once, and I'm like ooh I can fix it and then his leg went plop. Ahhh, well.
Me: So, why did his socks end up in the toilette?
Larry: Trying to get the poo off. What?
Me: So you cleaned off the socks in the toilette?
Larry: Yes, Well I cleaned them off... Are you focusing in on the pooy socks?
Me: You are so bad.

4 comments:

Ken said...

Well, I for one got it the first time, but this story will never cease to be funny ;-)

Leah said...

I think it's working! Yay!

Leah said...

What I was saying before Blogger decided to hate me was that this story is what we at work call a Jackpot. We decided some time ago that all of our conversations tend to end up being about either babies or poop, and this one has both!
I work at a special place. But at least we keep our own underwear on all day long.

Melissa said...

Yay comment! About time!